Thursday, January 29, 2009

Problematic Pathetically Puny Packaging

I just got home from Costco and feel the need to vent, sorry! Some days that's what blogging's for. Is anybody else annoyed that you don't get as much food in packages as you used to? I bought graham crackers today and I KNOW they used to have four packages of crackers in each box. I used to scarf down a pack of graham crackers as a kid (dipped in milk--mmm, mmm, good). The graham crackers I just bought? Three packages to a box. But it gets worse. [Cue spooky soundtrack] Now there are only nine crackers in each package. There used to be ten! And I'm pretty sure the actual crackers are smaller. Didn't the graham crackers used to look like two squares when you broke them in half? They appear to be smaller and more rectangular than I remember.

Another thing I know well is saimin. Packages of Saimin, also known as Top Ramen noodles, are smaller these days too! Shrinking food. I am not a fan.



Would you rather pay more money and get the same amount of product or pay the same amount and get a smaller product?

6 comments:

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Sadly, I think you pay more and get less. I also noticed the same trend with ice cream. They are no longer in 1/2 gallon tubs, my friends! So disappointing...

Kim and Aaron W. said...

How funny! I would have never noticed! Well, no, I guess it really isn't funny...

Maren said...

agreed. It stinks. What doesn't stink though, is your new background! I'm impressed AND proud! Might I add... OOooOOoOOooooOooo! Love ya sis!

Anonymous said...

What a rip! That's not cool. I noticed that about chips. Way to much air and not enough chips.

Dave said...

I swear the diameter of the junior bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's has shrunk by a good half inch too.

: ) Paula said...

The Wendy's comment reminds me-- Pizza Hut's pans are smaller, too.