Monday, December 1, 2008

Dude, OPEC is totally messing with my mind!

Funny times! On the way home we filled up the van for $1.62, cash only price. It would have been a lofty $1.72 to charge it. Ben gave the cashier $25.00 and had to go get change after he finished pumping the gas. Do you suppose OPEC will soon consider paying us when we fill up? Works for me!

S. was homesick and crying in Leavenworth. When Ben asked why, she said "Because I miss Hera. I'm afraid she's going to melt." Hera is our pet tarantula, who she has never seemed all that attached to. And by "melt" she meant "molt" which is when tarantulas harmlessly shed their exoskeletons as they grow bigger.

Lilly and J. were sitting together during sacrament meeting. They looked at the stamped property of "LDS FOOTHILLS BLDG" on the hymnal and asked me what BLDG meant. I told them it stood for building. J. then said; "Does LDS stand for "LIBERTY DOWNLOAD SECRETARY?" and we all got a little giggly.

I was going to attribute this next quote to R. but as I type I'm remembering that it was J. who said it. (The only funny things R. has said lately are lengthy additions to his Christmas wish list. We could spend a thousand bucks on him and it wouldn't quite cover the first half of his list.) So here's what J., who is into spelling, said in the van after finding out that he could have some gum at the rest stop; "S-W-E-E-T. All capitol letters. Three shout marks. Two underlines. Circle. Oh, and a sign pointing to it that says 'Yeah!'"

And while I'm writing about funny things, I should mention that after watching A Colbert Christmas, the phrase "I'm Delicious!" has grabbed hold around here. It's right up there with "Ginormous!" "Give me some of your tots!"and "D'oh!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same experience filling up my suburban. It was awesome getting money back.

Your kids say the funniest things:) I love the LDS acronym J. made up.

Nelson Family said...

I totally agree.. what will I spend my money on now.. oh wait. You guys look great. I joined the land of the bloggers.. actually I was on live spaces when Hannah was born, but only to update all the people that wanted to know what was going on with her. I am public for now.. maybe private later if I detect a problem.
-later
Karen
trentkarenmicahemycassiehannah@blogspot.com
I know it is really long!

Dave said...

I don't think OPEC will start paying you, only because of a quote that I read in the Wall Street Journal from a commodities trader. He said that the only thing we know for sure is that oil won't trade below $0. I got quite the kick out of that.