Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sa-tur-day is a Special Day

Saturdays that precede General Conference Sundays are the most special days of all, y'all. Now stop right there before you give me too much credit. Don't go thinking that I'm blogging about watching the Saturday sessions, because nope, that's not it at all. What I love about today is that today is "the day I don't have to get ready for Sunday." No bathing kids (so what if they smell funny, I'm not going to church tomorrow!), no laying out church clothes (they can wear the grubby clothes they've got on, I'm not going to church tomorrow!), no packing a church bag full of "quiet" toys and CTR 7 lesson materials (they don't keep babies quiet anyway, not that it matters, I'm not going to church tomorrow!), and no early bedtimes (what do I care if the kids are a little grumpy in the morning, I'm not going to church tomorrow!).

No comments: