Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pics and a TARDY Visit from the Toof Fairy

Ben's WSDOT soccer team. Ben is standing 3rd from the right
(and his sis, Jen, is standing next to him). Baby and me at the soccer complex. You can see the arching
baseball fence/netting in the background. A pretty impressive set-up.
The Coeur d'Alene 4th of July Parade. R, Ben, William (one of my CTR 7 kiddos), and C. She's pretty smitten!
J, whose finger is near, but not in, his nose, William, and S. on the parade route.



We had a picnic with William's family after the parade.
The baby thought the watermelon was delish--rind and all.

TOOTH FAIRY STORY:
About a month or so ago, J's bottom tooth was loose. (Finally!) Then about two weeks ago, he noticed that it wasn't loose anymore. Turns out his adult tooth had already grown in behind the baby tooth and stopped the baby tooth from wiggling. I arranged with our dentist to get his baby tooth pulled at their dentist appointment Monday (R. and J. needed to get molars filled). But Sunday evening the kids were in the van headed to a friend's house after attending his baptism at the stake center. I got out to the van and J's mouth was bloody. He had been biting on a small rubber snake, when S. yanked the snake out of his mouth. This popped his poor baby tooth loose. The idea of not having the dentist pull his tooth out was all the encouragement he needed. J. wiggled all evening and all the next morning. I told him I didn't think a dentist would need to pull out the tooth for him, but he didn't want to take any chances. He was wiggling like mad all the way to the dentist's office. After I parked the van at the dentist's office, he ran up to the front seat shouting "My tooth is out!" Anyone looking for a dramatic screenplay about a boy and his first lost tooth?

Oh, there's more drama--Ben thought I was taking care of "calling" the tooth fairy and I thought he was. Bad parenting! I remembered Tuesday morning and called Ben at work to ask him if he delivered anything to J's pillow. He said he never did. J. was quiet about not finding $$ but when I asked him he said "No, the tooth fairy didn't come." I said "Go look again!" He found the tooth fairy money--which had "accidentally" fallen between the mattress and the bed rail. He didn't think to look there and was satisfied that it'd been there all along! Wink, wink.

I think that's about all I can think of for the week. Have some great summer days!

No comments: