Friday, August 28, 2009

We Watch It

The Huffington Post called Ted Kennedy's dying "his final act of public service. " Kennedy's death has turned attention away from Michael Jackson.

FINALLY!

I'm indifferent about Kennedy and his legacy but I'm happy to get rid of Michael Jackson news. Why are so many actual current events brushed aside when something newsworthy/gossip-worthy happens to celebrities? People seem so eager to drink in the details of Michael Jackson's life and death (or gossip about Jon and Kate Plus Eight). Maybe it's just me being grumpy, but when I see ads for E! or Extra I think I can't believe they're still talking about Michael Jackson. If people didn't watch it, the press coverage would stop, right? I wonder why we watch.

3 comments:

Colleen Bigler said...

I agree WHOLE heartedly!

Colleen Bigler said...

oops... that ^ comment was from me, Logan :o) not my mom.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Agreed! Somehow there may be something more important going on out there in the world. I'm not sure, but just maybe.