Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This is my sister, Sh-M-A-R-E-N

It's weird to know somebody for their whole life and not know their name. My sister was visiting us this past weekend and I think I know her name now. It's Maren. It always has been. But growing up she went by "Shelley." I love her dearly, but she's gone back to using her given name. It was weird introducing her to people as "my sister [pause] Maren." Folks were probably wondering why I didn't know my sister's name. She did a great job taking pictures of her nieces and nephews and blogs at www.hawaiianshells.net/ take a look at her blog for more photos of my babies.

Keep coming back to visit, Maren. And I'll keep remembering your name.

3 comments:

Pepper said...

She is still Shelley to me! LOL. I am jealous of her for being able to change names. I kept planning to use my middle name, first when I got my first job as a MA and then when I went to nursing school and then when I started working as a nurse, never worked. I just knew I would never answer to something else. LOL.

Glad you guys had fun!!!

Maren said...

It's ok Pepper! I still respond to Shelley too! :) Only difference is, now... I respond to the name on my birth certificate too! It's a miracle! haha

I updated the blog... lots of lovely pictures! :) It was so fun!

http://www.hawaiianshells.net/2009/09/10-for-wednesday.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.