Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

Ben called to tell me he's got a boyfriend. Ben and a (happily-married male) co-worker were talking on the phone at work tonight when, at the end of their conversation, his co-worker said "Love you, bye!" and hung up. Funny! I'm pretty sure his co-worker was embarrassed when he realized what just escaped his mouth.

My sister once told me about a radio deejay in Utah who ended her traffic report with "in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." The hilarious Brian Regan also has a joke about getting out of a cab at the airport and telling the cab driver "You too!" when the cabbie said "Have a good flight!" Don't you hate that feeling of desperately wanting to take back something you've said?

3 comments:

Maren said...

HAHAHA! That's so great. I did that to Shara years ago... but NOW I say it on purpose, cause I DO love her. :) but not romantical like. lol good times.

Brandon and Lindsay said...

I once worked in a grocery store and the deli girl gave her loudspeaker annoucement and ended with, "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Needless to say, after that she would not touch the intercom EVER!
(Oh, and the basement looks great:)

Anonymous said...

Dave said the same thing after a phone call. It was so funny!

Thanks that mde my day:)