Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ever Do a Little Wondering/Worrying?

I won't mention exactly what provoked the thoughts, but I've recently been worried about how I'll teach my children, who will be teenagers all too soon, what I believe in as far as morality. All forms of media seem to want them to learn something else entirely. I want to protect my children, and all children, and help them make good decisions. How impossible is that?

I like this quote: "I think we should put more of our tax dollars into educating poor girls and boys, and give them information about contraception that can prevent unwanted pregnancies, lower abortion rates and help ensure that every child is loved and cherished. But I also think faith can fortify a young woman's sense of self, a young man's sense of responsibility, and the sense of reverence all young people should have for the act of sexual intimacy." President Elect Obama said this. Motivation for my worries aside, I always hear people saying that they'd never wish to be a teenager again. Is being the parent of teenagers just as bad? Or worse? I sure hope not!

No comments: