Monday, August 29, 2011

Housework and Homeschooling

Because last week was sleepover week, I have designated this week as cleaning week. My sons make no secret about their dislike of assigned jobs that start with "Clean up the. . ." and end with ". . . kitchen."  or ". . . living room." or ". . . guinea pig cage."  But today I discovered something truly wonderful.  My boys can organize stuff.  I'm pretty sure they didn't learn it from me. This morning RO organized the spices, kitchen utensils, and cake decorating items that were living temporarily on the window sill while JO organized ALL the board games downstairs.  And they enjoyed themselves immensely.  I have so many nooks and crannies that need the attention of a happy organizer or two.  I am writing a very different job list for the rest of the week. The closets, the books, the office supplies, the garage toys. . . this is going to be such fun! 

In other news, I applied for a full-time teaching position as a homeschooling teacher for our school district.  I will be monitoring homeschoolers from my home computer. The job would start in September and the posting closes tomorrow.  I am hoping for an interview and keeping my fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you related to Tom Sawyer? Organize this (not clean) oh ya!
Good luck on the job!! Sounds perfect!
Mom

Maren said...

Don't tell your boys that organizing is basically cleaning. If you wanna send them to Cali, I have SO MUCH stuff that isn't organized!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that your boys are organizing, have them come teach my kids. They don't get it from me at all...maybe Kaitlyn, except she is a hoarder of organized stuff.
Good luck with the homeschooling job. Hoep it all goes well. Thanks again for watching our dog. I think we have RO's watch....is it white?