Monday, June 13, 2011

Breaking the Law is Fun to Do

Is it really breaking the law if you are volunteering?  I hope not, because I broke the law like 200 times.

As if renovating the kitchen, loads of job hunting, packing for a vacation, teaching Father's Day songs, juggling a household with opposite schedules (Ben's back to working nights again) and being a mother just isn't enough, Friday mornings I volunteer with the school district.  I teach a 4th grade math group, then a 5th grade writing group.  Then I drive over to the Community Connections Center (CCC) to help there for an hour.  So one day, a CCC teacher hands me the Teacher's Edition of a pre-algebra book and asked me to make a booklet of teachers' answers for the practice pages.  I don't know if you've seen TEs, but they'll often have microscopic answers for the worksheets in the margins.  This was the case with this book. 

I enlarged the margins and xeroxed my way through each section of each chapter of the whole entire book.  The teacher who handed me the book and led me to my xerox machine accomplice did justify the whole thing by saying "A solutions manual is available for purchase, but there's no money in the budget to order it."

Ohhh!

Well! 

In that case. . .
Bring on the criminal activity!
I believe I'm more excited this is the last week of school than my kids are.  Any suggestions for legal summer activities are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Maren said...

Let's toilet paper someone's tent at Yellowstone. :)